If you’re looking for a great illustration on the love of a father, check out this video.
I came across it on Facebook and it hit me deep. Here’s a dad who is doing everything he can to take care of his handicapped son. And he does it with a love and patience that’s overwhelming. Even when his son literally lashes out at him, he stays calm and keeps on loving him.
Watch this video with your (high school) students to start a conversation about God’s love:
- Does this father love his son? How can you tell?
- What has he done to ‘prove’ his love for his son?
- At the beginning of the video, his son gets aggressive with him. How did that make you feel?
- How does the dad respond?
- The Bible tells us that God is a Father to us. How does this man show us what God’s love is like?
- What has God done to ‘prove’ his love for us?
- How does God respond when we hurt Him with what we do?
Close off by reading and meditating on a verse, for instance John 3:16, Romans 5:8, or 1 John 3:1.