I love getting comments and connecting with readers that way. In fact, as an avid blog-reader, I have learned sometimes even more from the comments on a post than from a post itself. Still, I think it’s a good idea to lay down some ground rules for commenting so we all know what we can expect and hold each other to this standard. So here we go:
- Please keep in mind that you are fully responsible for your own comments. Before hitting the ‘send’ button, do take a moment to reread your comment and check if it truly reflects you as a person. Remember: the Internet has a loooong memory!
- I do reserve the right to moderate, change or delete any comments as I see fit. If I change your comment, I will let you know.
- You don’t need to register for a comment, but I do ask you for your email address. Please make sure this is correct. I respect your privacy and I won’t share your email address with anyone else without your approval.
- You can also provide an URL which your name will link to, just make sure that it works and that it’s yours.
- I prefer you use your own name when commenting, but an alias is okay as well.
- Don’t link to spammy sites with your name or in your post; I’ll delete your comment if you do. Also no affiliate links. You may link to other sites, but limit the amount of links to one per comment and make sure your link is correct and the site you refer to is suitable for a Christian ‘audience’.
- I have a serious issue with spam and I use Akismet to keep all spam comments out. It works like a charm.
- Pingbacks are considered comments and will be displayed.
- Watch your language. This is a site aimed at Christians and I do not want any foul language here. That obviously includes any kind of profanity, swearing, etc.
- Be nice to each other. Not everyone is as eloquent as some in expressing their opinion, so let’s cut each other some slack. Make room for ‘dumb questions’ and answer them in love. Don’t attack each other personally, just disagree in love.
- Last but not least two important legal notices: You grant me license to use your comment in blog posts, written material, and any other form of publishing. You hold all writers here on Youth Leaders Academy harmless of any and all repercussions, damages, and liabilities. Just so we’re clear.
You can use the following XHTML codes in your comments: <a href=”” title=””> <abbr title=””> <acronym title=””> <b> <blockquote cite=””> <cite> <code> <del datetime=””> <em> <i> <q cite=””> <strike> <strong>
Last updated December 2014.